Sunday, April 14, 2013

Psalm 119:25-32



Psalm 119:25-32

New International Version (NIV)

ד Daleth

25 I am laid low in the dust;
    preserve my life according to your word.
26 I gave an account of my ways and you answered me;
    teach me your decrees.
27 
Cause me to understand the way of your precepts,
    that I may meditate on your wonderful deeds.
28 
My soul is weary with sorrow;
    strengthen me according to your word.
29 
Keep me from deceitful ways;
    be gracious to me and teach me your law.
30 
I have chosen the way of faithfulness;
    I have set my heart on your laws.
31 
I hold fast to your statutes, Lord;
    do not let me be put to shame.
32 
I run in the path of your commands,
    for you have broadened my understanding.


The Message:

I’m feeling terrible—I couldn’t feel worse!
    Get me on my feet again. You promised, remember?
When I told my story, you responded;
    train me well in your deep wisdom.
Help me understand these things inside and out
    so I can ponder your miracle-wonders.
My sad life’s dilapidated, a falling-down barn;
    build me up again by your Word.
Barricade the road that goes Nowhere;
    grace me with your clear revelation.
I choose the true road to Somewhere,
    I post your road signs at every curve and corner.
I grasp and cling to whatever you tell me;
    God, don’t let me down!
I’ll run the course you lay out for me
    if you’ll just show me how.

1 comment:

  1. I ran across a gem yesterday. It is one of my mom's books, With the Word by Warren W. Wiersbe. What I find amazing is that I gave it to her because I have written a note inside the cover that says, "To mom on your 83rd birthday." I have no recollection of ever hearing of this book, but I know my mom was a lifelong fan of the radio ministry of Back to the Bible which the author is a part of. I know mom used this book because it is falling apart. The author writes a little summary of spiritual lessons he found in his notebooks after years of reading and meditating on God's Word. This is what he wrote about PS. 119:25-32.
    "The Word of God brings you the blessing of life(vs. 25) because it has life(Heb.4:12), imparts life(1 Peter 1:23-25), and nourishes life(1 Peter 2:1-3. God's Word can revive and strengthen you (vs, 28), even when you are in the dust. Nine times in this psalm the writer prayed for new life from the Lord (vs 25,37,40,88,107,149,154,156,159). No need to stay in the dust when there is life for you in the Word of God!"

    ReplyDelete