Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Psalm 119:9-16


Psalm 119: 9-16

(NIV)

ב Beth

9 How can a young person stay on the path of purity?
By living according to your word.
10 I seek you with all my heart;
do not let me stray from your commands.
11 I have hidden your word in my heart
that I might not sin against you.
12 Praise be to you, Lord;
teach me your decrees.
13 With my lips I recount
all the laws that come from your mouth.
14 I rejoice in following your statutes
as one rejoices in great riches.
15 I meditate on your precepts
and consider your ways.
16 I delight in your decrees;
I will not neglect your word.
 
The Message:
9-16 How can a young person live a clean life?
By carefully reading the map of your Word.
I’m single-minded in pursuit of you;
don’t let me miss the road signs you’ve posted.
I’ve banked your promises in the vault of my heart
so I won’t sin myself bankrupt.
Be blessed, God;
train me in your ways of wise living.
I’ll transfer to my lips
all the counsel that comes from your mouth;
I delight far more in what you tell me about living
than in gathering a pile of riches.
I ponder every morsel of wisdom from you,
I attentively watch how you’ve done it.
I relish everything you’ve told me of life,
I won’t forget a word of it.

3 comments:

  1. Hallelujah! what a Savior!
    Hallelujah! what a Friend!
    Saving, helping, keeping, loving,
    He is with me to the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These words can be put to music as they are encouraging. Thanks dear friend for posting and reminding me of his words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Psalm 119 because it is all about the Word of God! I am glad you reviewed this set of verses, because they are so timely for the culture we are living in, a culture that icreasingly is not embracing God's Word. We need to put more of God's word in our hearts, but we can't do it on our own. These verses remind us that He will train us, He will help us, His Spirit will instruct us in what God's Word means and He will enable us to obey it. These verses this morning affirmed to me that God's Word is true, it's eternal, and I can have confidence in what it says. Praise God for sending us His Son. Because of the cross, it is possible for me to have a personal relationship with God. I can get to know Him by reading and obeying God's Word, the Bible. Help me, Jesus, not to neglect Your Word!

    ReplyDelete