Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Psalm 119:97-104 מ Mem

Psalm 119:97-104

New International Version (NIV)

מ Mem

97 Oh, how I love your law!
    I meditate on it all day long.
98 Your commands are always with me
    and make me wiser than my enemies.
99 I have more insight than all my teachers,
    for I meditate on your statutes.
100 I have more understanding than the elders,
    for I obey your precepts.
101 I have kept my feet from every evil path
    so that I might obey your word.
102 I have not departed from your laws,
    for you yourself have taught me.
103 How sweet are your words to my taste,
    sweeter than honey to my mouth!
104 I gain understanding from your precepts;
    therefore I hate every wrong path.


Psalm 119:97-104

The Message (MSG)
97-104 Oh, how I love all you've revealed;
    I reverently ponder it all the day long.
Your commands give me an edge on my enemies;
    they never become obsolete.
I’ve even become smarter than my teachers
    since I’ve pondered and absorbed your counsel.
I’ve become wiser than the wise old sages
    simply by doing what you tell me.
I watch my step, avoiding the ditches and ruts of evil
    so I can spend all my time keeping your Word.
I never make detours from the route you laid out;
    you gave me such good directions.
Your words are so choice, so tasty;
    I prefer them to the best home cooking.
With your instruction, I understand life;
    that’s why I hate false propaganda.

2 comments:

  1. I love how these verses sum up how we can be wise, simply by loving God's Word and obeying it! Easy enough to say but we have to be willing to spend time in God's Word, to allow it to saturate our minds so it can guide us. I just finished reading chapter 4 of Crazy Love where it describes what a lukewarm Christian looks like.....very convicting. I do not want to be satisfied to be a half-hearted, partially-committed, lukewarm Christian. I want to be like the psalmist in these verses, someone who is totally in love with Jesus Christ, who meditates on His law and looks for guidance from God's Word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could not have said it any better that you just did. We must strive to be totally in love with Jesus and seek to meditate on his Word.

    ReplyDelete